REDEFINING YOUR APPROACH TO SECURITY
Modality's Secure Landing Zones (SLZ) provide customers looking to use Microsoft Azure with a rapidly deployable baseline platform to start building their Azure workloads. SLZ have been scripted and automated around Microsoft’s Cloud Adoption Framework for a swift and secure rollout of the platform in hours - not weeks - dependant on requirements. This allows the customer’s Azure workloads to follow in swift succession so they can start realising the value of their cloud investment immediately.
SECURITY BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP
The sophistication and complexity of modern IT security threats means firewalls and password credentials are no longer sufficient to secure your cloud environment. For robust protection, Modality’s SLZ prescribes unique Secure By Design and Zero Trust architecture principles, incorporating layers of security that keep the customer environment optimised and fully protected.
SECURE LANDING ZONES: KEY FEATURES
Defend assets and services with a multi-layered security approach to reduce exposure to threats
Enterprise resource separation across workstreams, users, and roles for greater transparency
Operational management is baked into the design for complete traceability, visibility, and auditing
SECURE LANDING ZONES: THE BENEFITS
- Secure subscriptions across the Azure platform with high levels of governance and resource policy control
- Bespoke vertical compliance (e.g. gov specific compliance built-in)
- Critical infrastructure resource security and protection
- Proactive operational management tooling with enterprise segregation and role separation
- Built-in management and resource optimisation (including AI), to keep costs under control
- Proactive monitoring enhanced with native Azure SIEM & SOAR tools
- Containerisation of legacy applications with minimal refactoring
- Conforms to vertical industry standards including; National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) best practices, NHS Digital Data Security Standards, and the UK Gov Minimum Cyber Security Standard
- Azure components deployed to the customer’s Azure environment as standard (Sentinel, AAD, Azure Management Groups, Azure Security Centre, Storage Encryption, Express Route, Azure Lighthouse)
WHO IS SECURE LANDING ZONES AIMED AT?
SLZ is suitable out-of-the-box for customers who want effective security and enhanced compliance, but do not want complex consultancy and lengthy rollouts. It is also suitable for those who:
- Are new to Azure or who need a new baseline
Deployment automation and scripting allows the customer to start utilising Azure in hours rather than weeks.
- Have had a bad experience trying Azure previously
Alignment to the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework ensure the SLZ adheres to best practice throughout the deployment
- Have specific regulatory concerns
SLZ are customisable via scripting during the deployment phase to align with regulatory requirements that ensures compliance of the Azure environment